• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Re-installing websites for the 'Apps' functionality?

Jeroen Vermeulen

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I recently moved all my websites from Windows IIS to a Linux CentOS server.
Plesk is working great!

I installed some new websites with the built-in Apps function, it installs Joomla or Wordpress, and it allows me to automatic update it.
I also want this on the websites I moved manually, what would be the best solution for this?
It's about 40 Joomla websites, 20 Wordpress websites and 2 Magento websites.

Would the following work?
- Backup everything
- Delete everything
- Install the app
- Overwrite the folders and the database that the app made?

There are a few threads about this, but with little or no information.

Thank you very much.

Regarding WordPress you can attach previous WordPress installations on your migrated sites to the Plesk WordPress Toolkit. Just go to Websites & Domains > WordPress and click Scan. Have you tried?

Unfortunately we have no Joomla or Magento ToolKit at the moment. Therefore only manual migration is possible here. You need to backup all content, then remove it completely and install back with Plesk Applications with the same database names, etc. After that you have to restore backups manually carefully.

Update: Joomla! Toolkit is finally available

Back