• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

re-setting apache/plesk?

Shantal

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

I am new to plesk and testing out Plesk 12 on an Ubuntu 14.04 server - still on a trial license.

As a proper noob, I have somehow managed to re-configure the system, so that now all domains are unaccesable with 403 Forbidden "You don't have a permission to access / on this server".

The control panel still works on :8443, but the main page (default page?) is also affected.

Strangely enough, if I define a password protected "/" on some domain, it starts working, so it could be something with Allow/Deny?

The apache user "www-data" is a member of the psaserv group already.

Running:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain demodomain.blah.blah

does not change the situation.

All newly created domains come "Forbidden".

How do I change this? Is there a way to re-configure plesk, to get back to its "out_of_the_box" config?

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading this far,
- Shantal

Hello IgorG and thank you for your quick reply.

I already attempted the advise in 120112, before I made this post, but it does not change anything. My www-data user was already in the psaserv group and I did change the permissions to 775 on one of the client's directories, but nothing changed.
(I changed permissions both for /disk2/var/www/vhosts/demodomain.blah.blah and /disk2/var/www/vhosts/demodomain.blah.blah/httpdocs).

Althoug the problem is system-wide, I am experimenting for one particular domain, and this is in its error log file:

[Wed Sep 10 11:07:11.548769 2014] [authz_core:error] [pid 17285] [client IP.IP.IP.IP:51445] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /disk2/var/www/vhosts/demodomain.blah.blah/httpdocs/
[Wed Sep 10 11:07:11.549035 2014] [authz_core:error] [pid 17285] [client IP.IP.IP.IP:51445] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /disk2/var/www/vhosts/demodomain.blah.blah/error_docs/forbidden.html

What worries me is that all newly registered domains get the new faulty configuration, so I have f** up some template, may be.

Best wishes,
- Shantal

Please show me output of

# cat /etc/psa/psa.conf | grep HTTPD_VHOSTS_D

command. It seems to me that you have changed vhosts location manually but not with using transvhosts.pl utility.

root> cat /etc/psa/psa.conf | grep HTTPD_VHOSTS_D

HTTPD_VHOSTS_D /disk2/var/www/vhosts

----------------
I do have a second disk , which is used for /var and /home, but some time ago, I ran transvhosts.pl and all used to work just fine until a couple of days ago.
What we were doing? Well, we have many "cooks" on this system and from what I gather, the following things have been done:

* an attemp to install a new SSL certificate;
* an attemp to use chroot_update.sh - a script that is supposed to help out install new commands in the chroot environment;
* a domain with the same name as the server, has been registered under a client. Then later this domain has been removed.

Back