• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Really strange character php encoding errors

GlennT

Basic Pleskian
I recently migrated a bunch of websites from cpanel to plesk Onyx and I'm seeing strange errors where characters in an include or require statement are being rewritten:

For example:

/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/lib/wfUtils.php on line 531\nPHP message: PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening 'yfIPWhitelist.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/plesk/php/7.1/share/pear') in

The y should been a w

I've seen this exact same problem on a few sites but most seem to be OK.

I believe the websites were running on php 5.6 using FCGI on old cpanel server. On migration, they switched to 7.2 automatically and I changed them to run under PHP-FPM.

To fix this error, I went directly into these files in some cases and deleted and then re-entered the same character and saved and this seems to fix issue.

I also dropped php version from 7.2 to 7.1 and switched to FCGI and this seems to prevent reoccurence or same problems from reoccuring on some other php files.

Has anyone seen this kind of problem before and know what causes it?

I've never seen this problem before and it's vexing!

Thanks
G

Interesting. I checked my other server which has been running for awhile where I recently did single plesk to plesk migration and see same error:

WARNING: [pool ..................com] child 3311 said into stderr: "NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening 'vfIPWhitelist.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/plesk/php/7.2/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/............../httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/lib/wfUtils.php on line 531"

The v should be a w

It was running on php 5.x php fcgi on old server and switched to 7.2 php fpm on new server.

I've switched it to FCGI on new server and left it at same PHP 7.2 version. I'm waiting to see if error returns.

This may be Plesk migration related and, going from FCGI to PHP FPM.

Back