• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Darkcallen

New Pleskian
Ladies and Gentlemen
we have a RootServer Hetzner with Plesk 11
There we have installed over the panel postfix.
Then created a customer, there entered a domain.
Then email Dressen created.
This email can be accessed with Outlook.
Email to come it works super.
But sending email via this is not possible.
It comes back the following email:

Your message did not reach some or all recipients.

Subject: test
Posted on: 02.08.2013 18:34

The following recipient (s) can / can not be reached:

'[email protected]' on 02.08.2013 18:34
Server Error: "550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table" '

How can we correct the problem?

Sincerely yours

Darkcallen

In order to resolve this issue, just reset the mail setting to reject the mails for non-existing users:

Home>Subscriptions>domain.com>Mail>Mail settings>What to do with mail sent to nonexistent users ="Reject"

Tried that, didn't work.

For that domain I have changed nonexistent users to forward and when I have saved the settings, I'd changed it back to reject, but to problem still exists.

Try to rebuild mailsettings with mchk after "Reject"

Nope problem still exists. All domains have non-existent to reject set. Ran "mchk --with-spam" but problem still exists.

I see the following message in the /tmp/mchk.log file:

==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump...
registering mailname [email protected] failed (locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid), ignored
registering mailname [email protected] failed (locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid), ignored

Does this problem exists due to my locale setting? When I login from my Mac OS X client I see the following message:

-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: cannot change locale (UTF-8): No such file or directory

Yes, it may be a reason. Make sure that you have:

# locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

I did have the above output, although I found that I need to disable "Set locale environment variables on startup" in my Terminal app. (under Preferences -> Advanched)

I re-run the "mchk --with-spam" and works perfectly now.

For those who need to have locale set in Terminal app under Mac OS X, they also can set the "LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8" variable in .bash_profile.

Back