• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

andrecab93

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.56

Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table​

I've followed several of the steps mentioned on the forum and none of them work. If I deactivate the email, I can no longer access it.

The information given here is insufficient to find a cause. Could you please describe in detail from where to where you are trying to send mail? Are you for example trying to send mail from domain A to domain B, and both of them exist on the same server, but in domain B the mailbox is missing? Do you want mails that are sent form domain A to domain B to leave the server and be delivered to an externally hosted mail service? Have you tried to disable mail service in domain B for incoming mails?

I want to send from Email A on plesk to Email B on another server.
That's still very little information to go on. But if I had to take an educated guess, I would say that the domain of email B is likely also present on your Plesk server. In which case the default option for your Plesk server is to deliver the mail locally. As there is no local mailbox on your Plesk server the mail delivery fails. If that scenario matches your setup, you can solve the issue by changing the "Mail service" setting for domain B in Plesk to "Disabled for incoming mail".

Last edited:
Back