• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Recover old Database from Backup without restore

rowingpeter_s

New Pleskian
Hi, our Plesk Onyx server is configured to backup all subscriptions at the Server Management level. This bundles all subscriptions into a single backup file of approx 40GB. I have been happy with this solution as I am able to recover individual subscriptions / databases to a live server quickly if required using the Backup Manager tool.

Today I want to review a database backup from last week but the only option appears to be 'Restore' which will overwrite the current live DB. As a work around I can download the full backup file to my desktop and extract just the portion that I want, but that is a fairly unmanageable download because of the size.

Is there a way to extract the portion of the backup I am interested in on the live server, without overwriting the live data? I suspect the answer is currently 'No', in which case, is there a way to configure Remote Backups [to S3] at the individual subscription level without having to do so manually?

Many thanks,

It's a relatively simple archive that you can pull specific files out of. Well, in this case, simple it is but small it isn't, so there is that.

The file structure is explained here.

Within the archive, in the directory of the domain in question, there will be a subdirectory "databases" and within it another subdirectory named "name_of_a_database" and within a sql dump file. The sql dump will be named "backup_<backup timestamp>.sql.

I'd try to list the files within the archive and just pull out what you need, on the server.

Back