• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue recovering wordpress from a server backup

mudassar

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
windows server 2019
Plesk version and microupdate number
obsidian 18.0.47
I need to recover a wordpress website/and domain from a acronis backup. The back up is basically a total mirror of my server, so i can go to the directory and recover individual files and folders. There is also a bckup for the sql database seperately but not for mysql, i am guessing it is stored in some files somewhere.

The entire domain and content was deleted. I tried downloading the http folder after creating a new domain in plesk, however I get a error 500. In plesk wordpress it says error connecting to database.

How do i know which database to recover?

Hello @mudassar

You can find the WP database name in Plesk > WP Toolkit > your instance name (e.g. example.com) > Database.
The other option is to go to Plesk > Domains > your website > Databases and find there a database of the instance.
By default, it is named like wp_***.

Hello @mudassar You can find the WP database name in Plesk > WP Toolkit > your instance name (e.g. example.com) > Database. The other option is to go to Plesk > Domains > your website > Databases and find there a database of the instance. By default, it is named like wp_***.
Hello @mudassar You can find the WP database name in Plesk > WP Toolkit > your instance name (e.g. example.com) > Database. The other option is to go to Plesk > Domains > your website > Databases and find there a database of the instance. By default, it is named like wp_***.

The domain and everything was deleted from plesk and the server. I only have what is on the server back up. So all of the files on the server as they were before deletion of the domain.

Check the wp-config.php file from your restored wordpress files.

There is also a bckup for the sql database seperately but not for mysql, i am guessing it is stored in some files somewhere.
Mysql and MariaDB use /var/lib/mysql

The problem is that you will not be able to restore a database from these files, unless the backup created a dump from the db server.

If you do not have a dump of the original database then you will need to restore the server to a dummy server and restart the Mariadb/Mysql service to dump a copy of the database.

Back