• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Recovery plan

balechaparka

Basic Pleskian
I wanted know some details about diaster recovery of my website.
As recovery plan i have ftp backup and i do backup of my important website files and sql database files.
But in case my server gets any problem with failure then i want a recovery plan so that my website continue to work.So i do have another server which is similar to the server i am already having.
So if at any time this server gets any problem then i can switch to another server.That server already has the files needed for the website etc.
But i think changing the DNS requires about 4 hours.So shifting from this server to another server will require some hours.
So is there any method for instant changing of DNS? Or is there any method by which i can recover my website as soon as possible without a downtime?

You could use a cloud-based fail-over service. This way, your DNS remains the same and all traffic is routed to the primary server. In the event of a failure, traffic would be sent to the secondary server. The challenge is, keeping your database in sync.

Back