• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Recurring License Agreement

P

pmars

Just upgraded to 9.0.1 through GoDaddy... wow great new features... I especially like the never ending, constantly recurring License Agreement!

Since the parallels support policy is to provide no complimentary support what so ever, I am hoping one of the clever folks in here can help out on this one. As mentioned above, the Plesk license agreement appears every time I login to my Plesk control panel.

My server is through GoDaddy who has a contract with parallels, which means parallels already has my money and therefore feels no obligation to provide support. Reminds me of the banking industry execs who demand bonuses on top of huge salaries!

Thanks for any insight into this issue

That very reason alone I left godaddy, basically your screwed.

The license holder for your plesk is godaddy, and those cheap buggers take it supportless.

Even if you want to pay for a ticket your not the holder so you can't.

Godaddy won't support you as you have to get a maintenance package at a ludicrous price and loose root access.

Your only option is to take up godaddy support, but they will kick you off to plesk. I know as a friend of mine in the same boat - basically up the creek without a paddle!

So parallels has no solution as to why their license agreement pops up every time I login to my Plesk control panel???
Never used to do that. I had 8.6 for a long time and never had any problem. This could be fixed very easily I'm sure. The fact that GoDaddy has a package from them for thousands of users means they are making huge money!!!

I say parallel's pres. and/or other high paid execs need to be fired or atleast have their bonuses with-held. Or Appear before congress and get grilled on this!

Yes indeed they do, but this forum is not acted upon by support. They may read time to time and post here and there on widespread issues, but their policy is you need a support ticket.

In your case you are screwed as you can't even buy one. If you must use godaddy I would suggest a bare server and license your own plesk and your incharge of your own destiny,

Complaining won't change anything. But I suggest you attack godaddy, it's their license you can do nothing :(

How did you go?

I bet they tried to brush you off to parallels.

Remind them you rent the server and most importantly the plesk from them and they are the license holder (a check of the license number with parallels confirms this).

Stand your ground! In reality they should pay the 75 and open a ticket, but those buggers would die first that spend one cent to support something they are the license holder for :(

I know as I used to host a dedicated server. I had a plesk issue as well as they flog old operating systems and take longer than parallels to update them so I left.

Back