• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue GoDaddy migrated me to Onyx, but can't get support because I have no license key

ESPLibrary

New Pleskian
GoDaddy migrated my library's website file manager to Plesk Onyx because GoDaddy no longer supported the product. I am having trouble uploading files into Onyx (I've tried searching help, but its not, well, helping) and I can't contact Plesk support because GoDaddy didn't give me a license key. I can't purchase Plesk support because its only for Obsidian. I've tried contacting GoDaddy to get a license key but they have no idea what's going on -- spent nearly two hours on a chat and finally ended it when I realized the guy had just abandoned me. Can anyone please help me figure out how to contact Plesk?

Or in terms of the issue I'm having -- I'm trying to upload a zip file per Plesk instructions. I get an error that one or more files did not upload so none uploaded. Plesk help directs me to change settings in Tools & Settings, but I have looked and looked and cannot find Tools & Settings. I wonder if I have a weird version of Onyx because it came through GoDaddy or something.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

It would be nice to describe the problem in more detail and indicate what kind of solution you tried to solve it.
Also, have you tried contacting technical support using this instruction?

You can find the license key under "About Plesk" if you're an admin. If you can't find tools and settings, check what mode you're in. Power User? Otherwise, you might not have admin access, and therefore no access to tools + settings.

You can find the license key under "About Plesk" if you're an admin. If you can't find tools and settings, check what mode you're in. Power User? Otherwise, you might not have admin access, and therefore no access to tools + settings.
Thank you. I don't see "About Plesk" so I think this doesn't bode well. Here is a screenshot of my main page. Would you please tell me if I'm looking in the right place? I appreciate your help.

Attachments

• plesk homepage.jpg
    plesk homepage.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 6
It would be nice to describe the problem in more detail and indicate what kind of solution you tried to solve it.
Also, have you tried contacting technical support using this instruction?
Thank you, but I am unable to contact tech support. I cannot find a license key and without that I can't submit a ticket. Without a ticket, they won't talk to you on the phone. I can't pay for Plesk's tech support because that's only for Obsidian, and GoDaddy migrated me in on Onyx. I asked GoDaddy for the license key but they don't seem to be able to give me one.

@ESPLibrary You do not have your own license key, because you are not the server owner, but only have a subscription on the server. There will be hundreds of other subscriptions along with yours on this structure you are being hosted on. The upgrade that your provider did does not only affect your account, but was a general server upgrade that affects all accounts and the the software on the server. You cannot obtain Plesk support for your subscription, because it is not your license, neither is this a Plesk server that you have, but only a subscription on a Plesk server.

If you could please provide the exact steps that you have been taking, the size of the file you have been trying to upload and the exact error message that the GUI has display, I am sure we can help you to sort this issue out.

Back