• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Redirect Plesk

Luecker

New Pleskian
Hi,

i already searched in the forum a bit, but i didn't find something that helped me. So i'm asking this 2 little questions right here.

#1 We have an Plesk Panel on Linux and a new Server with Plesk Panel on Windows. Just a simple question, can we use the PMM to migrate the data from our old Linux Plesk(not the Plesk Version) to our new Windows Plesk ?

#2 Doesn't matter which way we choose to migrate (PMM or manually), there is a "downtime" for the domains, because of the dns records, right ? Maybe just a few hours, but its a downtime. I searched a bit on the internet and found an idea of redirecting the domains to our new server. Sounds strange but i explain, the old plesk is empty, no domains just the plesk panel. There is the ip of the new Plesk Panel(new Server) stored and if anybody tries to reach one of the domains hosted on the old server, they get automatically to our new server , but same url.

i hope you get my point :)

if you have something to ask, do it. i answer as fast as possible.

both Servers have Plesk 10.4.4 installed

i hope you can help me

thanks =)

You can't migrate between Plesk servers on different platform. It was discussed here a lot of times.
Theoretically you can create domain with the same name on target server and migrate all content and settings of this domain manually.

Back