• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Redirect problem plesk

Tarik B.

New Pleskian
Hi guys , I m new to this forum , I do have experience working on plesk, unfortunately up until today I didn t get the chance to setup plesk on my dedicated server so I am unfamiliar with setup on the server side.

Well the problem is that my plesk has one mail domain with accounts already set up, today all of a sudden when trying to access webmail it redirects me on to the web page ( which is on the same server as plesk but it is not active). I have no idea where to look for the problem and why is that happening.

Product: Plesk Onyx 17.0.17

My updates have been disabled because the former system admin has setup access to webmail using webmail.domain.com instead of mail.domain.com

Does webmail.<domain> resolve to the same IP addresse as <domain> and does <domain> resolve to the same as <hostname>?

The default subdomain for webmail on a Plesk system is "webmail", not "mail". If you had previously used "mail", very likely an additional webmail system was installed either on the server or in the corresponding subscription.

Well webmail.domain and mail.domain do have the same IP address , sry where to check for <hostname> ? on plesk or on the server ?

The last admin did leave some notes behind saying that in order to access the mail system they needed to do some changes, this is what he left me
that said it was changed :

/etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/webmails/roundcube/domain_webmail.conf

- /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmails/domain_webmail.conf

- /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmail.conf

- /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/roundcube.php

- /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domainWebmail.php

Thank you very much :)

Back