• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Redis show warning

BrinsleyP

Regular Pleskian
Hello there...
Today i deploy a redis in docker, but when i start this msg appear to me:

# WARNING: The TCP backlog setting of 511 cannot be enforced because /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn is set to the lower value of 128.

I try set in rc.local and in sysctl.conf and reboot, but no work.

How to fix this issue ?

I am facing the same issue (Plesk 17.8.11 - Ubuntu 16.04 running on EC2 AWS) and I could not been able to resolve using rc.local or sysctl.conf.

Did you tried to increase the number of incoming connections by command?

The host is already set to net.core.somaxconn = 65535, but docker does not inherit this setting and when trying to apply this setting to an existing docker I am informed that the operation can not be completed because the file system is read-only.
After some research I have worked around this situation by running a docker over SSH through the following command:

sudo docker run --name redis -p6379:6379 -ti -e REDIS_PASSWORD="yourpassword" --sysctl net.core.somaxconn=65535 -d redis

The host is already set to net.core.somaxconn = 65535, but docker does not inherit this setting and when trying to apply this setting to an existing docker I am informed that the operation can not be completed because the file system is read-only.
After some research I have worked around this situation by running a docker over SSH through the following command:

sudo docker run --name redis -p6379:6379 -ti -e REDIS_PASSWORD="yourpassword" --sysctl net.core.somaxconn=65535 -d redis
no work to me...

this is a msg appear in logs:
# WARNING: The TCP backlog setting of 511 cannot be enforced because /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn is set to the lower value of 128.

this is a msg appear in logs:
Did you fix the issue? If not, try the following steps:

1) Login into your plesk panel
2) Go to the Docker
3) Search for Redis and download the latest official Redis image (Just download it don't create your docker from the docker panel)
4) Now log to your server through SSH (Putty or something like that)
5) Into your ssh run the following command: sudo docker run --name redis -p6379:6379 -ti --privileged -e REDIS_PASSWORD="PUT YOUR PASSWORD HERE" --sysctl net.core.somaxconn=65535 redis
6) You should see that the docker is running without any problem
7) To confirme that the docker is running go to your Plesk then go to the Docker and you should see the Docker named Redis is running.

I am using the redis docker to optimize a wordpress and everything is working correctly (I'm using the plugin Redis Object Cache in WordPress) by following these steps.

If you need some help please send me a message that I'll see how to help you friend!

Back