• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue regarding 504 error while running long php scripts

compad

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49 Update #2, last updated on Feb 21, 2023 01:20 PM
Hello All,

We have purchased amazon aws lightsail and installed plesk on it, we are using php for displaying pages. When we tried to load detail reports it take some more time and at that time we are getting 504 errors.

after googling, we found that we can increase the nginx timeout to 3 minutes, we did but after updating this and restarting server, our website stopped working. so we updated back to 30 seconds now website is working fine, but still the issue is how to resolve this error.

This error is coming sometimes only when we are executing long scripts, otherwise it works fine.

any suggestions to solve this error?

we found that we can increase the nginx timeout to 3 minutes, we did but after updating this and restarting server, our website stopped working.
Maybe the change was syntactically incorrect. Have you checked the web server logs what error is logged after the change?

Thank you for your reply, I have checked error log and found nothing interesting. Any other suggestions?

hosted domain stopped working, I tried to open domain name in chrome it shows me error. Domain goes down while I changed this settings.

What error does it show? The same 504? Have you looked into Apache and Nginx log files to see the reason?

Back