• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

reinstall qmail or reinstall qmail-queue

H

heiko_h

i use Plesk 10.1.1
After a server crash it was not possible to send or receive e-mails. I have use the way to change /var/qmail/bin/ copy qmail-queue.moved to qmail-queue. For the first step this way was ok and i receive e-mails again, but i can not stop spam with spamassassin. I have test a lot of informations with no result.
i have reinstall spamassasin - no result
i have start to /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam - no result
Is it possible to reinstall qmail or only the qmail-queue for Plesk 10.1.1?
even the autoresponse function under plesk do not work.
Thank you for informations.

What kind of errors are in your mail log?

/var/log/psa/maillog

If you are getting 'cannot stat' errors to do with spam, spf, or domainkeys, then you at least have a friend right here :)

These were all corrected by upgrading to PSA 10.2. I think that realistically, PSA 10.2 didn't fix it - reinstalling did.

And well - I just had a server crash last night. Same as you? Are you on 1and1?

I have the SAME problem. I rpm -e --nodeps all the psa qmail/mailhandlers files on my server, removed ART's qmail-scanner, removed spamassassin - and reinstalled the plesk files then qmail-scanner

I cannot enable SPF or DomainKeys in PLESK... cannot stat.

Additionally, none of my aliased domains are working for e-mail (cannot stat) and another problem as mentioned in another thread -- none of my new domains are creating the needed apache files to load up webmail.

Very frustrating. But if some of these problems are shared - then we have more chance of having our issue investigated!

Hello Chris, thank you for answer.
I am on Strato, but that not the problem it works. My crash was a HD overfill by to many backups ...
After clean disk space, a hade the problem that i can not send e-mails.
next step i have update Plesk 9.xx to 10.1.1 no result
then i have make the change of the qmail-queue file

When i have understand all postings to this problem i have overwrite the PSA changed qmail-queue file with the original qmail-queue. Now i must recriate i new PSA modifi qmail-queue file - i think that's my problem.

I have test to reinstall qmail with PSA under yast no way.

Heiko: I can absolutely understand. IT seems that qmail / qmail-queue likes to break whenever something else breaks.

My best suggestion for you is to remove all of the PLESK qmail RPMS, any 3rd party (ART Spamassasin / Qmail-scanner?), and reinstall. I did this with nodeps after turning off qmail and courier-imap. If you remove with dependencies, it'll remove all of PLESK :) --

Then you can run mchk --

http://kb.odin.com/944

--

Hopefully one of these things will help.

I you are on 10.1.1 - try upgrading to 10.2. A fresh install / upgrade sometimes fixes a lot of problems.

(And sometimes, causes a load of problems -- for me 10.2 fixed a bunch of things -- temporarily... then having a problem like this with qmail caused them to all come back and nothing I can do seems to fix them.)

Back