• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Reinstalling MSSQLEXPRESS TCP/IP not enabled

Michael9663

New Pleskian
I am new to VPS and Plesk. I have a Windows hosted site. I upgraded to Plesk 12.5.30 last night. I did the upgrade and install for MSSQLEXPRESS2014.

I can't connect to the database through MS Management Studio after uploading a .BAK file. (yes it verifies in Plesk)

I have tried my domain name and tried my IP neither one connects.

When I try to work on the settings in Plesk I get this error:

Warning: Unable to determine the TCP port number used by Microsoft SQL server '.\MSSQLSERVER2014': TCP/IP protocol is not enabled in the server network configuration or the server is configured to use dynamic TCP ports.
To allow your customers to automatically configure firewall for remote database access, manually configure the SQL server to listen on a specific fixed TCP port.

So I am assuming that I installed the MSSQLSERVER2014 incorrectly and of the 2 choices .\ or \localhost I probobaly should have choosen \localhost to match my MySql settings that was preinstalled.

So I am trying to delete my MSSQL install and reinstall it, hoping to fix the error. I can not as the ability to select MSSQL in the list is greyed out.

So what do I have to do to fix my MSSQL?

Thank you!

I did check that out. Wasn't the problem. Or at least didn't fix the issue. Even verified that the server was listening to port 1433. Ended up with IPALL set to 0 for dynamic and 1433 for TCP.... Then checked the security of windows 2012 server..... found MSSQL/TCPIP set up for port 1433 but it was not enabled. So it was a windows security setting. set my MS Managment Studio to myipaddy\MSSQLSERVER2012,1433 and that worked.

Back