• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Reissue a positiveSSL certificate in a new server and new plesk installation

skatehype

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition Version 18.0.42 Update #1
hi,
I bought through Plesk a positivessl certificate for my domain.com three months ago.
I changed server and a fresh new SO and new plesk license were bought.
Now I have 4 *.crt files from positiveSSL and can't reissue this certificates, allways says "invalid key".

From certigo/positivessl support:

You need to generate a new CSR from Plesk, and submit the new CSR through the "reissue" option. You will be required to complete the domain validation and then you will get a new Certificate. You can then use the new Key file along with the new Certificate to install it on your server.

It seems you are trying to use the new key with the old certificate, which will not work. Please submit a new CSR through the reissue option to get a new certificate for the new key.

BUT, there is no option in plesk to do that. I can make a new CSR/key, but then if I upload *crt allways says "invalid key".

And the reissue button have the option to pay for new positivesll certificate or two options:
- Let's encrypt option.
- Upload .pem option (this .pem must provide the old key form old server that we don't have).

PositiveSSL says:
I don't think you need to pay for a reissue. I recommend you to reach out to Plesk support for better assisance

And here we are.

Back