• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Relay incoming Mails to MX #1

Kwendelr

New Pleskian
Hello,

we are using Parallels Plesk 11 with qmail and hosting multiple domains.
The first MX Record (10) for the domains are the customers external exchange server ip.
The second MX Record (20) is the plesk server with a "catch-all" mailbox for each domain.

So what we want now is the following:

If a mail is sent to the second MX Record (the plesk server) then the qmail server should try to relay the message to the first MX of the destination domain for about 12 hours. If the mail could not be delivered within this time range, then the mail can localy sent to the catch-all mailbox.

Has anyone some ideas if this is possible and how i can configure it?
I think this will not be possible with the build in web interface, so you can tell me some shell commands.

- Thanks!

Have you tried anything yet?
Possibly have the local account with mailbox, forward to a different [sub]domain used for forwarding with its MX record pointing to the exchange?
That way you can have a local copy, handled by your mta's config, and monitor the attempts in the queue and log.

Have you tried anything yet?
Possibly have the local account with mailbox, forward to a different [sub]domain used for forwarding with its MX record pointing to the exchange?
That way you can have a local copy, handled by your mta's config, and monitor the attempts in the queue and log.

Hi, thanks for your reply, but i think thats not our wish.
We only want to store the mails local, if the original MX server is not responding within 12 hours.

Back