• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Reliability and solid testing

A

Alasdair

Plesk has reached a stage where it is pretty much fully featured. Rather than concentrate on new features, I think SwSoft should concentrate on making Plesk as reliable as possible.

What I want most of all, is a more reliable installer.

The 7.5 installer for FreeBSD resulted in 4 hours of downtime for us, which is unacceptable.

Some things they might thought to have done was to upgrade ISAM to MyISAM tables, since MySQL 4.1 that PSA upgrades you to has no ISAM support.

Also, if the installer fails, it should UNDO everything that it has done. It shouldn't leave your server in an inconsistent broken state.

Also, if you're forced to Ctrl-C the upgrader, when you come to re-run the upgrade process, it shouldn't say there is a version mismatch and leave you stuck - it should notice that it was killed before and resume where it left off, or something along those lines.

I'm sure all of SwSoft's customers would benefit from more testing and a more reliable installer. I don't want to have to cross my fingers and pray each time I do an upgrade :)

Originally posted by Alasdair
Plesk has reached a stage where it is pretty much fully featured. Rather than concentrate on new features, I think SwSoft should concentrate on making Plesk as reliable as possible.

I agree. We also have a windows server and I can name 5 pretty serious bugs just off the top of my head. I could care less about new features when it just adds to the list of bugs those create as well.

Originally posted by Alasdair
I don't want to have to cross my fingers and pray each time I do an upgrade :)

Couldnt have put it better myself :)

Back