• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Remove Wordpress One-Click Installer Buttons/Links

Dave S.

New Pleskian
Hi,
I apologize but I have searched documentation in regards to removing buttons/links. We have users that install Wordpress on their domains or migrate to our services that have existing Wordpress sites in the root of their domain. If they want to install another instance of Wordpress, they are clicking on the button as shown in the GIF files. This of course overwrites their current site as its a one-click installer without any questions asked (then we have to go restore site etc). Of course they should be going to Applications and clicking on Wordpress and doing a "Custom" install into another sub folder/directory, but the Wordpress button for one-click install is featured prominently. How can we go about removing the one-click installer button/link?

remove-wp-one-click-installer.gif

remove-wp-one-click-installer2.gif

Hi,
Actually, the more I think about it, this should really prompt the user if a wp-config.php file is already in place, but I imagine this would be asking a bit too much :)
If there is a way to remove the one-click installer links that would be great.

Hello,

Existing WordPress instance will not be removed after installing a new instance by specified way. New instance will be installted into subdirectory (/httpdocs/wordpress, by default). So, you will have two separate WordPress sites on your domain after that.

Hi,
I am using latest plesk onyx and it does not work the way you describe at all. You have to navigate to Applications and do a custom install if you do not want it to overwrite an install in the root.

Hi,
I am using latest plesk onyx and it does not work the way you describe at all. You have to navigate to Applications and do a custom install if you do not want it to overwrite an install in the root.

Thank you for feedback, I just send you a private message to investigate details.

This is really annoying. i clicked the button by mistake today and WordPress was installed overwriting any pages of similar name on my none WordPress site.

I had to restore those pages from the latest backup.

If i want to install any applications i will go into the Applications section on the site, i don't need quick links which just install the apps without any prompts.

Any way to remove these would be great.

Hello,

We confirm an issue EXTWPTOOLK-697, we will fix in future releases of WordPress Toolkit. I apologize for inconvenience.

Thanks Aleksey for the response, i will need to slow my clicking down until that release is available :)

Hi,

I have the same problem, I accidently clicked on "Install" button for Wordpress (on the domain overview page)
There is no confirm before install, and worpress overrided my content.

I think it's a major problem, with an easy fix to do... just confirm the action when we click"Install".

Thanks,

Back