• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Removed domain from plesk, but slave DNS file remains

electricd7

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have plesk setup in Windows using BIND. I have slave DNS servers and they sync correctly on DNS updates. If I delete a domain, however, the DNS entry on the slave servers remain. Am I doing something wrong or is there another step that is involved?

It is default behavior.

Zone file will remain in the slave server, but the zone entry will be removed from /var/cache/bind/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.nzf

Is there a way to change the default behavior so that it actually gets removed? Even though the plesk server is acting as the master in this scenario, it doesn't get exposed to the inernet, so the first slave server is actually the nameserver. Would be nice if they were kept clean when domains were removed from Plesk. Thanks!

From the Plesk end nothing much can be done. However as far as bash is alive, there is way.

Hints to create bash script
* Create a list of domain in Plesk /usr/local/psa/bin/domain --list
* compare the files name in slave server (as zone file creates with domain name)
* remove the file name, which is not present in Plesk domain list
* To automate, the script can be add to Plesk Event manager

Yea I suppose we could run a scheduled script to clean things up...this gets more complicated, however, when we have more than 1 plesk server adding/editing DNS zones in our environment.

Back