• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

removing mail from server

O

ohmadevo

I have been using Plesk almost 2 months, and was a total newbie when I began, so I'm very proud of myself for setting up 20 domains and having no unresolved problems--or so I thought.

I just found 5000+ messages on my server in one email account that is forwarded to another address. All of those messages had been downloaded to my computer's email Inbox when they originally came to the forwarded address. So why are they still on the server and how can I make sure they don't build up again?

This hasn't happened with any of the POP emails I've set up or any of the other forwards, as far as I know.

I appreciate any help.
:confused:

You probably have both redirect AND mailbox enabled. Go into the account's "Mailbox" and uncheck Mailbox.

Thanks for the suggestion. If I disable Mailbox, will the filters I set still be applied? I won't be able to see my mail online then, though, right? I have Mailbox enabled on for other forwarding accounts that don't have this problem.
Still confused.

Back