• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Renamed pop user, but mails still being sent there

S

Swakoo

I used to have a [email protected],
then recently somebody took over her job, and I just rename the userid to [email protected]

xiulin@domainname was originally under [email protected] (office mailing list). it has been automatically changed to [email protected]

But everytime I send to [email protected], I will get a bounced mail saying [email protected] is not a valid user or something..

should i have recreate the account instead then? I can just delete and recreate now.. ([email protected]) but want to see if any of you guys know of a solution without me possibiliy interrupting the user..

thanks!

Originally posted by Swakoo
But everytime I send to [email protected], I will get a bounced mail saying [email protected] is not a valid user or something..

thanks!

I would watch the maillog what really happens when you send the mail to [email protected], do you do it with a mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird, or just with a qmail-inject...
Watch the maillog like this:

tail -vfn100 /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

when you encounter problems with mails