1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Renamed pop user, but mails still being sent there

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Swakoo, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Swakoo

Swakoo Guest

I used to have a xiulin@domainname.com,
    then recently somebody took over her job, and I just rename the userid to dawn@domainname.com

xiulin@domainname was originally under office@domainname.com (office mailing list). it has been automatically changed to dawn@domainname.com

But everytime I send to office@domainname.com, I will get a bounced mail saying xiulin@domainname.com is not a valid user or something..

should i have recreate the account instead then? I can just delete and recreate now.. (dawn@domainname.com) but want to see if any of you guys know of a solution without me possibiliy interrupting the user..

thanks!

2. Swakoo

Swakoo Guest

anyone?

3. Blackbit

Blackbit Guest

I would watch the maillog what really happens when you send the mail to office@domainname.com, do you do it with a mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird, or just with a qmail-inject...
    Watch the maillog like this:

tail -vfn100 /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

when you encounter problems with mails