• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Renewing Let's encrypt automatically

dtommy79

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.63 Update #3
Hello,

I'm using Plesk Obsidian 18.0.63

I'm unable to automatically renew Let's encrypt.

For my domain I'm using Contabo's nameservers and in my Contabo DNS management I have my A record pointing to my server's IP address.

Also the TXT record that is required by Let's encrypt is added to my Contabo DNS manager.

Does Let's encrypt generate a new TXT reord value when renews? I'm guessing this is the problem, because after the SSL expires I have to generate a new one and update my TXT record with the new value.

Is there a way to automatically renew the SSL if I use my domain like this?

I attached screenshots about my current SSL settings:
SSL-TLS-Certificate (1).png

SSL-TLS-Certificate-for-.png

Re-issue the certificate without the Wildcard option enabled. That way there is DNS validation is no longer necessary and your certificates will be renewed automatically.

Re-issue the certificate without the Wildcard option enabled. That way there is DNS validation is no longer necessary and your certificates will be renewed automatically.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
If I reissue without wildcard option, will my www version still be covered?

There is a separate option that can be checked to include www into the certificate when re-issuing the certificate.

Back