• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[report] "Access to Application Catalog" option of service plan is ignored

S

Sanderv

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk 10.4.4 MU#4
CentOS 6.0 2.6.32-131.17.1.el6
x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
When creating a service plan without access to the application catalog, and assigning a subscription to the service plan, the subscription will have access to the application catalog. It is possible to manually customize the subscription to disallow it, but this will lock the subscription.

Reproduce:
Create service plan without access to the application catalog
Assign the service plan to a subscription / sync the subscription with service plan.

ACTUAL RESULT
Subscription with a service plan without application catalog access, does have access to the application catalog.

EXPECTED RESULT
Subscription does not have access to the application catalog.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
All other configuration items of the service plan are working, it's just the "Access to Application Catalog" that does not seem to work correctly.
--------------------------------------------------------------

-Edit
Actually the disabling of SSL support also does not seem to work. In the service plan I've unchecked the SSL support. Customers with a subscription of this service plan, have access to the "Secure Your Sites" link under "Websites & Domains" when logging in with their customer account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you have logged to subscription Control Panel as admin. Did you try login to CP as subscriber?
I have tried to reproduce reported issue right now and found that there is no access to Applications when I login as subscriber.

I was logged in as the customer.

The service plan has the Access to Application Catalog disabled and the subscription is synced with the service plan.
When going to the customize menu of the subscription, the Access to Application Catalog option is enabled, even though it's still disabled in the service plan it's synced with.

Hi Sanderv,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We were not able to reproduce the issue on our local environment so far -- can you provide more information about your situation? Was it a clean install or an upgrade?

If you don't want to offer applications to your customers, go to Applications tab of a Service Plan, select "Provide only applications that I select" checkbox and don't choose any applications. This will display empty Applications tab to customers, though.

Last edited:
Hi custer,

I've done a completely fresh CentOS 6 64bit install, and fully updated all software packages. After that I did a fresh Plesk 10.4.4 install.

I'm currently just testing Plesk 10.4.4 for migrating my old servers. I actually just noticed the issue happens to be just with a customer/domain I migrated using the pleskbackup and pleskrestore utilities(haven't got any other migrated domains currently)
When I create a new customer+subscription, the application tab does not show up for that new customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back