• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"Report on client" e-mails

J

Jason_I_Am

Hi,

I'm maintaining a Linux VPS server with "Plesk 7.5 Reloaded" installed on it. All is fine, except all of the clients I have registered each get a daily e-mail:

"Report on client xxxxx" where xxxxx is the name of the client.

This e-mail contains:
- A "General" section which contains fields like "Version", "Client status", "Company name", "Personal name", etc.
- A "Domains" section which contains fields like "Active domains", "Domains", "Subdomains", "Disk space used by Domains", etc.
- One final section which lists each domain associated with that client and contains fields with info for that domain.

While it is an informative e-mail, I have received complaints about it. Is there a way for a client to turn this e-mail off without disrupting any other e-mails Plesk may send out?

Also regarding this e-mail, the subject (and other sections of the mail) is: "<aaaaa.bbbb.cccc.secureserver.net> Report on client xxxxx". I'm hosted with GoDaddy. As I understand it, secureserver.net is GoDaddy's servers. I would much prefer if it didn't show this information anywhere. If that's not possible, perhaps have it customisable so it shows my domain instead? Is that sort of thing possible?

I would appreciate any and all help anyone can provide.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Jason_I_Am

This e-mail contains:
- A "General" section which contains fields like "Version", "Client status", "Company name", "Personal name", etc.
- A "Domains" section which contains fields like "Active domains", "Domains", "Subdomains", "Disk space used by Domains", etc.
- One final section which lists each domain associated with that client and contains fields with info for that domain.

Look in the control panel under CLIENTS->Client name->Report->Report Delivery to see if you have any "scheduled reports" being sent out.

If not there, check SERVER->Crontab to make sure GoDaddy didn't set you up with a cron job to send out the reports.

Hi.

There's nothing under "Report Delivery" .

The "SERVER->Crontab" section contains:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto daily >/dev/null 2>&1
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto monthly >/dev/null 2>&1
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto weekly >/dev/null 2>&1
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics >/dev/null 2>&1
/usr/local/psa/bin/mysqldump.sh >/dev/null 2>&1

Judging from what I've read, these crons are necessary for Plesk's running. I can only assume that the daily e-mail sending is in the first cron job, but I can't check since the autoreport.php file seems to be encrypted.

What exactly does autoreport.php do? Is it only for these daily e-mails, or does it generate statistics for some other part of Plesk?

Any other suggestions as to what I can try?

Thanks!

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto daily >/dev/null 2>&1

While I do not know everything these reports do, they are nescessary. The " >/dev/nul 2>&1" prevents them from generating STDOUT and therefore are not the soucre of your emails. I will keep searching and see what else I can find.

Jack. Were you able to come up with anything?
I've been searching for a while and still can't come up with anything. I've checked various cron files with no luck. Perhaps I've missed one?

Does anyone else have any solutions?

A better question is, do these e-mails get sent to anyone else? If so, are you also hosted by GoDaddy? This would help me immensely in trying to track down the problem. It may not be a Plesk issue.

ANY help would be appreciated :)

Actually, I don't think it's GoDaddy anymore for 2 reasons:
1. The e-mail being sent contains info which only relate to Plesk, such as the login name, number of mailboxes for that account, etc.
2. My maillog ( /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog ) shows these e-mails being sent to every client at 7:17am, the exact time the crontab shows /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php being run.

This leads me to believe that yes, it is that script.
Once again, anyone else experiencing this? Anyone with a solution?

Thanks!

BTW, godaddy sucks big donkey cajones. I do not advise using their tiny little 10mbit pipe or overloaded Hardware Nodes...

I won't disagree with you poke :)
Unfortunately in this case, it's not GoDaddy but Plesk itself :(

Back