• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[report] psa-pc-remote make 400% (and more) cpu usage

Seems to have cleared up after I made a few changes to main.cf last night:

In /etc/postfix/main.cf

I added reject_non_fqdn_sender and reject_unknown_sender_domain to smtpd_sender_restrictions.

Like so:
smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/blacklists, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain, permit_sasl_authenticated, check_client_access pcre:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/non_auth.re

I also added in our old hosts.deny list as well, so I can't be sure if it was that or the main.cf changes that did the trick.

Haven't had psa-pc-remote throw a fit since (knock wood)... will post back if it does.

Guys, please try to use attached patch and please inform with results here.
Thank you.

Patch

I have this error

Dec 1 13:02:13 aresca6 qmail-queue-handlers[19721]: handlers_stderr: REJECT
Dec 1 13:02:13 aresca6 qmail-queue-handlers[19721]: REJECT during call 'check-quota' handler

Is the patch fixing this?

Can you please give instructions on how to apply the patch?

Guys, please try to use attached patch and please inform with results here.
Thank you.
Which file do we replace please ?
Because /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote is a LSB executable. I have also an empty file /etc/default/psa-pc-remote

Thank you ;)

Last edited:
hmmm,

i got an error 403 so i'm blocked ...

and when i go to plesk and will start the Update & Upgrades Page i got error : Fehler 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)

So i can't do an update over console and over plesk, all since upgrade to 10.4.4, what a perfect world ...

Marcus

Still a problem on my server

Dec 9 12:20:08 qmail-queue-handlers[15829]: [email protected]
Dec 9 12:20:08 qmail-queue-handlers[15829]: handlers_stderr: REJECT
Dec 9 12:20:08 qmail-queue-handlers[15829]: REJECT during call 'check-quota' handler

I still have this same problem, after installing the patch. Any ideas?

Dec 9 12:20:08 qmail-queue-handlers[15829]: handlers_stderr: REJECT
Dec 9 12:20:08 qmail-queue-handlers[15829]: REJECT during call 'check-quota' handler

I still have this same problem, after installing the patch. Any ideas?

Install latest available MU#6 instead of attached here patch.

havent had that problem before.
have it now after installing MU 7
centos 6 CR x64

We can confirm that the problem occurs again, in our case on a Debian server with Plesk 10.4.4 MU#8. Replacing the psa-pc-remote binary with the fix posted earlier solves the problem temporarily but Parallels developers should definitly look at this issue again. We also tried to restart pc-remote using it's init script so we are quite sure that it was not an old process still running.

Ubuntu 10.04. Plesk 10.4.4 with MU#8. Same problem: psa-pc-remote is running wild... Approx. 30 minutes after a reboot it started again...

Back