• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Request for digital sign for statistics.exe and other exe files

balechaparka

Basic Pleskian
I am using windows server 2008 R2. The plesk has statistics.exe,SpamAssassinService.exe,subdomain.exe and so many exe files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin path. But all these exe files are not digital signed. I have installed symantec end point antivirus in my server which sometime treats these files as virus and deletes it. Last week i found that statistics.exe in Quarantine of symantec end point. So i think parallels should put digital sign to these exe files.
Thank you.

I think it is issue from Symantec side. For example, Kaspersky hasn't this behaviour described by you. Also there should be settings for disabling checking unsigned files.

hi..igor
There is no setting in symantec antivirus to disable checking of unsigned files.Also for any application or software or file putting the digital sign shows that the application or file is from trusted publisher.So symantec thinks that it is not trusted and sometimes deletes the exe file. In my server statistics.exe was deleted by symantec. Symantec is used by large number of users.So it may cause trouble to so many users in future.So digitsl signing the exe file will solve this.(For my application also i had this issue and i solved it by using digital signing the exe file)
thank you.

At the moment only autoinstaller execution file has digital sign. I have talked with developers and they informed me that question of signing all Plesk exe files will be considered.

Back