1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Required Customer Fields in Online Store

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by timmmmyboy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. timmmmyboy

timmmmyboy New Pleskian

60%
    For some reason our online store is requiring customers to put in their "County" even though that field is not listed as required. This was not happening previously so I'm wondering if something got pushed in an update. Any ideas?

2. DmitryK.

DmitryK. Regular Pleskian

30%
    Hello,

"County" field is appeared in CBM 11.0.9 on "Fill in your contact information" page in online store, it is required for US and Canada residents.

Best regards,
    DmitryK

3. timmmmyboy

timmmmyboy New Pleskian

60%
    It would be nice if changes like that were something that could be controlled in the admin panel rather than forced on users unexpectedly through an automatic update. The form does not currently denote that field as required until a user goes to submit it.

4. Bobmdx

Bobmdx New Pleskian

85%
    County field is required - Los Angeles County doesn't validate

The "county" field is not required (*) but if you leave it blank, it throws the following error:

That county is not found in that state.

ALSO, more importantly, Los Angeles County is not validating correctly (not found).

Los Angeles county is not found in that state (CA).

Ideally, US residents signing up for hosting service should not have to complete the "County" field. I would guess that most US residents don't even know what county they live in lol. I understand it might be useful in Europe or Russia, but in the US, nobody cares what county a person lives in.

If you're not going to remove the field, or make it removable by Plesk Admins, or at least make it not required, then please add Los Angeles county (and any other counties that you may have missed) to the validation database.

Thanks, Bob

5. EugeneL

EugeneL Regular Pleskian

57%
    Hello,

Please tune file /opt/plesk-billing/htdocs/getstatecounties.php to set proper list of counties.
    But make the backup becuse this file will be overriden during upgrade.

I'll file a request to developers to make this requirement configurable.
    Previously we got a number of requests where people asked to make this field required and those people were from US. It looks like the policy is different from state to state. We will find a solution which suits all.

6. Bobmdx

Bobmdx New Pleskian

85%
  7. Bobmdx

Bobmdx New Pleskian

85%
    That file appears to be encrypted (or written in Chinese.) Is there another way to add Los Angeles to the list of Counties?

Thanks, Bob

8. EugeneL

EugeneL Regular Pleskian

57%
    Apply your changes to file /opt/plesk-billing/lib/lib-billing/include/config/internal/counties.php
    This file should not be encrypted

9. Bobmdx

Bobmdx New Pleskian

85%
    In Plesk 11 on Windows, I found the file at this location.

\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\lib-billing\include\config\internal\counties.php

But the file is also encrypted when opening with Notepad. Is there another way to add Los Angeles to the Counties?

Bob
    Agents get $200 in Free Leads

10. DmitryK.

30%
  11. Bobmdx

Bobmdx New Pleskian

85%
    I see the problem now. They need spaces between the counties. "LosAngeles" (should be Los Angeles) and SanDiego should be San Diego. Mine is still encrypted (https://fullblown.com/counties/counties.php)

If you can't open that file, it looks something like this...

<?php
    die("This file is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.\n");
    __plesk_loader_pragma__('B');
    ?>
    =H%~nv&4*PF-
    J u{eOLXVqu* v ^;NG)6'(`X[I_kvHTudFdaXoVZG\P!r2

12. DmitryK.

30%
    You could replace encrypted file on the file which I have sent to you. Also could you send back to me this file after fixing issues with spaces in counties?

13. Bobmdx

Bobmdx New Pleskian

85%
    I will see what I can do. Thanks!

Bob

14. Bobmdx

Bobmdx New Pleskian

85%
    Counties Fixed

OK, I fixed the spacing in the counties array. I also added any missing counties. (Like "DC" District of Columbia was missing.) I used my database of US Counties as a reference.

Here is the Fixed Counties file as a TXT file - copy the contents of this file and overwrite the contents of the file located at \Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\lib-billing\include\config\internal\counties.php (on Windows Server 2008, Plesk 11).

Hope that helps,

Bob
    Make Money In Your Spare Time

15. DmitryK.

30%
    Hello Bobmdx,

Thank you very much! You helped me a lot.

Best regards,
    Dmitry

16. Bobmdx

Bobmdx New Pleskian

85%
    Glad I could help.