• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[RESOLVED] - Anonymous FTP Missing?

Myk Robinson

New Pleskian
New here, and very new to Plesk. I have a friend who is having an issue with anonymous ftp no longer working. he used to be able to email people links to things he would place on the web server, and they could simply click the link and download, but that is no longer an option for some reason.

i dug into the documentation, and it is stating that I should be able to go to domains>ftp access>anonymous ftp, however the anonymous ftp tab does not seem to exist.

A screenshot is attached of what i am seeing under the ftp access option. How do I enable anonymous ftp?

Attachments

• ftp.PNG
    ftp.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 13
Make sure that you have enabled subscription's permission "Anonymous FTP management" and that your subscription is assigned to dedicated IP address (not shared IP).

Would you mind providing a bit more info on how to accomplish this? I am an absolute Plesk virgin. I'll go ahead and open up the control to try to find this, but if yuo have some steps for me to follow in case I;m not able to locate it, that'd be quite helpful.

Thanks

From what I have read thus far, it looks like I should be able to manage subscriptions by clicking on Manage Hosting in the plesk control panel, but that option seems to be missing as well....

If it matters, they are using a dedicated server hosted by Go Daddy. I have RDP access to the server as well as access to Plesk Parallels control panel either in the server RDP or via browser. They are saying no one has changed anything on their end, so I am at a loss as to what may have happened.

And the full version appears to be 12.0.18

I hope that you have admin account to this Plesk server?
In this case go to list of subscriptions, click needed subscription and check Permissions tab for 'Anonymous FTP management' permission.
Also if you click 'Change Hosting Settings' button you will see type assigned to subscription IP address. It should be dedicated (not shared) IP address. In this case you will have anonymous ftp tab on page for creation ftp accounts.
More detail you can find in official Plesk documentation - http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP12/12.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/index.htm

Just noticing that the credentials I was given to access the server are for a standard user account and not an admin account. The account credentials I have been given for the Plesk control panel are for a Plesk global admin, however, there does not seem to be a Subscriptions option.

At this point, should I pursue the issue with GoDaddy? Perhaps they are in control of the subscription portion?

in the meantime, I'll check with the end user and see if he has credentials for the server admin account, maybe more information will show from that side, even though the Plesk account seems to be admin.

Here's another screenshot showing Plesk permissions for the account I have access to. It appears as though he does have permission for anonymous FTP, but I sure can't see this subscriptions page or see the option to add anon ftp...

Attachments

• plesk.PNG
    plesk.PNG
    31.3 KB · Views: 14
This is resolved.

It turns out what the end user was doing was sending a direct link to files on the webserver to be access through the browser, and NOT through anonymous FTP. So a simple use of the wrong word brought us to this place.

The root cause of the link he sent his client not working was the fact that spaces were in the folder name.

Thank you for working with me on this, and I apologize for the mixup.

Back