• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Rest API methodes to add and delete DNS records not available after .49 update

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
Username:

TITLE

Rest API methodes to add and delete DNS records not available after .49 update

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

CentOS 7.9
Plesk 18.0.49

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

The Change Log for Plesk version .49 states:
It is now possible to add and remove DNS records in a DNS zone via REST API.

However when I navigate to Tool & Settings > Remote API (REST) and open the Plesk REST API Reference and Playground, there are no methodes listed for adding and removing DNS records. There are only methodes for retrieving and updating DNS records (see image below). The methodes aren't listed in the Swagger scheme either.

ioo0NqJ.png

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Tool & Settings > Remote API (REST) and open the Plesk REST API Reference and Playground.

ACTUAL RESULT

The methodes mentioned in the Change Log are not available.

EXPECTED RESULT

The methodes mentioned in the Change Log to be available.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

Hi @Kaspar, you're ahead of Plesk. According to developers the new version of the Plesk RESTful API that includes the changes has not yet been published. It will be published very soon, though. I set this report to "resolved", because it is expected that with publication of the update the functions will be there.

Perhaps best to remove it from the .49 change log and add it to the release notes for the version on which it's actually published/added?

Perhaps best to remove it from the .49 change log and add it to the release notes for the version on which it's actually published/added?
In this case there was a delay in publication. It should have published along with the other components of 18.0.49. For some technical reason that was not possible. It will be published very soon.

Kaspar, thank you for the feedback!

I have checked REST API scheme on two my servers, now the new methods are available. I think the rolling out is finished and it makes sense to check availability one more time.

1672998123409.png

@AYamshanov, thank for the quick release. Much appreciated.

However, when I try to open the API Playground I now get a blank page with the following error:

Slim Application Error​

A website error has occurred. Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

There is no further error in the Plesk log.

Back