• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore from another server

B

BigSteef

Ok, I give up…

I am trying to restore some domain backups from an old plesk server to a new one…

I have backed up the domains and transferred them to the new server

I have converted the backup from 9.0 format to 10.0 format using the following command:

G:\Plesk\admin\bin\pre10-backup-convert.exe --convert -source g:\source\backup_sgdjuk_info_1108311228.xml -destination G:\Plesk\Backup

This was successful

I then tried to restore it and nothing came back

I then created all the (94) domains using the CLI

"%plesk_cli%\domain.exe" –create mydomain.com –clogin <My_Username> -status enabled –ip <New_IP>

This worked successfully and I can see the backups in each domain with a green tick

The bit I’m stuck with is now to restore them. I have tried doing it from the web interface but nothing comes back and I get logs stating that it has tried to restore all of my resellers.. (which are not in the backup file as they didn’t come from that server)

I then tried :

g:\plesk\bin\pleskrestore.exe --restore g:\plesk\backup\backup_sgdjuk_info_1108311228.xml -level domains -filter g:\restoredomains.txt

and it gave me a dump status of:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?>
<agent-dump-status completed-accounts="77" completed-domains="171" total-accounts="77" total-domains="171"/>

Even although restoredomains.txt contains one domain and the backup contains 94!

Please can you point an old man in the right direction… I really don’t want to mess up the other domains and accounts on this server..

I have gone over the CLI help files and tried everything i can work out... But the help files arent the best.

thanks

is there noone who can help with this? i am really struggling...

Back