• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Restore keeps busy doing nothing.. even after reboot of server

mr-wolf

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Yesterday evening I wanted to restore a domain from the FTP repository.
I expected to see a fast transfer, but nothing happened......

It somehow errored out (more than 6 hours afterwards, a complete back-up is restored in 2 hours)
I didn't need the restore anymore and just wanted to stop the process.
This moving half circle with "Restoring April 13, 2017 02:55" it only said.
I selected the backup and chose "remove".
It removed the backup that it had moved locally, but the circling stopped.

I decided to give the whole server a reboot.
After it came back it started again and is still doing it.
This time it says 06:12

Then I ran into another problem.
All the incoming mail came into the queue and could not be delivered.
Because I'm using an Anti-spam-proxy on the same machine I wanted to investigate if that was the culprit.
It wasn't it was:
Issue - Internal Error cannot receive&send e-mails

It was somehow induced by the reboot of the server.

It's now 07:00 am and didn't have any sleep.
At least the mail comes in now :-((

How can I stop that process or whatever is causing that "Restoring screen"??????

upload_2017-4-14_6-49-26.png

Hi mr-wolf,

in some cases, Plesk was not able to delete a current task ( due to issues/errors/problems ) and there might be some orphaned entries at your psa - table "longtasks".

Pls. use the command
Code:
plesk db "select * from longtasks"
... to investigate possible orphaned proccesses and you are able to delete all entries with the command:
Code:
plesk db "delete from longtasks"

Ay....
Doing too much at once....

Yes, all those jobs are gone now.
But that thing is still rotating......

Hi mr-wolf,

did you probably forget to restart the Plesk Control Panel after you deleted the entries? :rolleyes:
Often enough, it is as well necessary to log off / log in again to clear your session. ;)

Hi all,

same issue here - Plesk assumes there´s a Backup running since Dec 22nd last year (!). There´s no backup process running at all at the server. Server reboot also did not change this behaviour - it keeps rotating funny around :)

Best regards

... sometimes it is as well a good idea to use the "Plesk repair utility", which searches for possible issues/errors/problems and restores standart Plesk settings and configurations and therefore corrects ( possible ) misconfigurations:

Examples:
Code:
plesk repair db -y -v

or/and

plesk repair all -y -v

Clearing those tasks and the repair didn't fix it.
Even a reboot after it all, didn't change it.
Luckily the apparmor thing didn't come back. I presume that was an installation bug of the initial install.

upload_2017-4-16_10-10-38.png

Back