• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Restore my data on Plesk

realivankamga

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi there!
I recently had a problem with my plesk server and the web interface doesn't open anymore (most of the important files are owned by nobody and I don't understand what happened).

I made a backup in cli via FTP to import the data in a new server that I deployed and I got a backup.tar file.

I used the command: plesk bin pleskrestore --restore “backup.tar” -level domains it takes a long time but I can't see the data being restored.

I also tried to unzip and I got multiples backup.tzst files. I used the same command with these files and I get this error :

Unable to import file as dump: Import error: Unable to find archive metadata. The archive is not valid Plesk backup or has been created in an unsupported Plesk version
exit status 1

What can I do?

I realized that.

I used the backup.tar file directly with the command :

plesk bin pleskrestore --restore “path/to/file/backup -ignore-sign -verbose -level domains

I was able to restore my data on the new server.

Thanks

Back