• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Restore Backup in CLI

zed2007

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.55 Update #1
Hi to all. I try to restore website backup in CLI (i need this in future for Cronjob). The backup is saved locally on server.
I'm trying to do this with the following command :

plesk bin pleskrestore --restore /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/imnserver.de/backup_user-data_2309141019.tzst -only-sites demoshop-sw6.imnserver.de -domain-name imnserver.de

But I keep getting an followinf error:

Unable to import file as dump : Import error: Unable to find archive metadata. The archive is not valid Plesk backup or has been created in an unsupported Plesk version

Could someone tell me what the problem is here? Thank you in advance.

Hi @zed2007, thank you for posting. I was able to reproduce the issue a couple of days ago and tried to find someone who knows more. My guess is that the documentation is not perfectly clear and that the given commands only work with the .tar.gz archives that you get when storing backups to FTP. But I could not confirm it.

My question for you is whether you bought your license from Plesk? In that case it will be best you open a support case https://support.plesk.com and describe the issue there. Then a supporter can reproduce the issue and figure out the solution.

In case you bought your license from a reseller, support needs to be delivered by the reseller. Unfortunately, many don't do it. So in that case you could sign-up for a 30-days free-trial with Plesk support and still submit the ticket to us directly.
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk-

Thanks for the help @Peter Debik. I also tried to make a backup without compression and received a .tar archive (on screenshot). But it didn't work with him either.
Yes, I have a license from a reseller. Thanks, I'll try to use your link.
B_tar.jpg

Back