1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Restore psa backup

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Joaquim, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Joaquim

Joaquim Guest

Hi.
    I'm having a trouble on restoring a psa backup file that my old isp create for me. The psa file is fine and the restore process works well. But in my new server (where i want to restore the data) all the databases are created without the "Plesk Client Prefix" (identification of my clients). I want that the databases contained on the psa backup file (from old server) to be created with the prefix "idea_", the prefix (plesk client) that i want to associate this old domain accounts.

I've already try to rename then in the "SQL Server Management Studio Express (SSMSE)"; create the databases first in plesk and the restore then in the SSMSE; but i never get the correctly "link" beetween Plesk and MSSQL.

Can you show how to do it?

(Plesk 8.3)

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello Joaquim,

The option Force Database Prefix is applicable only when you create database through Control Panel GUI.