• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore selected objects does not work for FTP respository backups?

Chris1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I set up a FTP backup repository today however when attempting to restore selected objects from the backup there are a couple of messages that state:

"Restore the backup file despite a corrupted signature"

"You can select objects to restore only when you are restoring from backups that were created in Plesk 12.0 or later."

I noticed that the backup residing in the FTP repository has a .tar extension whilst the one I did in the server repository has a .xml extension.

Restoring selected objects from the server repository works fine.

Why is this not possible? I'd like to restore selected objects from the FTP repository. Otherwise I'll have to transfer the backup file from FTP repository to the server which is really inefficient.

Kind regards,
Chris

Actually selective restore from FTP repository should work. Warning "Restore the backup file despite a corrupted signature" is correct because signature may be checked only if backup located in server repository.
Looks like that you have incorrect backup on FTP repository. Please contact Support Team for checking this issue directly on your server.

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that when doing the backup to my FTP repository, I am unable to do selective restores from Tools & Settings > Backup Manager but I can do selective restores within each client level backup manager if I transfer the backup over to the Server Repository.

Is this intended behavior?

Kind regards,
Chris

Attachments

• plesk-restore.JPG
    plesk-restore.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 6
Do you mean that you try to restore subscription backup through Tools & Settings > Backup Manager?

Oh ok, sorry I just thought that's how you can do it. You can do it this way when the backup is in the server repository.

I'm unable to restore within each corresponding subscription as the backups do not show here when doing a full server FTP repository backup.

Actually selective restore from FTP repository should work. Warning "Restore the backup file despite a corrupted signature" is correct because signature may be checked only if backup located in server repository.
Looks like that you have incorrect backup on FTP repository. Please contact Support Team for checking this issue directly on your server.
Parallels investigated the same issue on my servers. I was unable to restore selected objects due to a bug in Plesk. When the FTP-repo was selected by hostname this bug occurred, if selected by IP-address it worked. Was hotfixed by Parallels 7 days ago and said to be fixed in future patches.

Back