• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Restoring after a complete failure

360webfirm

Basic Pleskian
Hello all,

I had a scare today when my server would not boot up. I restated it and it was OK. The MySQL would not load properly and after a restart, it seemed OK.

I would like to ask about restoring my server and websites if I need to in the future.

I am using Google Dropbox which is enabled and taking backups and incremental backups.

My question is:

If I need to restore my server, how would I do this with a full backup and also an Incremental backup? What would be the steps of doing this?

I really appreciate all your help.

Thanks,

I get the re install, the thing I dont get is how can I do this now with a full backup to start then a incremental one? Will Plesk know there is a full and several incremental ones to upload to restore server?

I have re installed a lot of servers, websites from backup, I have never did this with a full backup and several incremental ones.

The documentation is very little on how this works. Is there like a code which tells Plesk that there is several backups that are part of one major backup?

Plesk will restore your latest full backup + latest incremental backup automatically.

Back