• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Restoring an older unprotected Plesk password

DinoMC

New Pleskian
Edit : Title should read backup, not password, my bad...

Hello,

I'm on Plesk 12.5 and restoring a Plesk 10 or 11 (not sure) backup.

If I remember correctly, the backup manager didn't have the warning about how if the backups aren't protected by a password, the secure information can only be recovered on the same install of Plesk? Does this mean that my backup contain the previous users/mysql passwords?

If this is the case, is there a way to restore it in Plesk 12.5, like installing an older backup manager? I tried restoring it with the Plesk 12.5 backup manager but it generated new passwords.

Thanks

Looks like you have set a password while taking the backup and while restoring the backup, you have unselected the option:

Restoring Data from Backup Archives

Backup security settings. If the backup was protected with a password, enter the password in the Password field. If you have forgotten your password, clear the Provide the password option. Note that in this case, some sensitive data will not be restored properly. For example, user passwords will be replaced with random ones, information about already installed APS apps will be lost, and so on.

Back