• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Restoring entire system PLESK on reimaged server with a different Ubuntu version

daniellee100

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.49 Update #2
Dear plesk friends,

i'm considering reimaging my VPS server from Ubuntu 18 to ubuntu 22 - my hosting support told it's possible to reimage the server and then restore all plesk objects from backup.

Has anyone done this? They mentioned complications may occur, another way is migrating plesk to a new server, but i'd like to keep my IP and give reimage a go.

My concerns:
current mariadb server 10.1.48 is outdated when i reimage to ubuntu 22 it will have the latest version.
Will restoring plesk backup to a server with latest maridb version cause issues?

Danami firewall / warden anti spam configuration issues may create some conflicts?

Any other things i should be aware?

Many thanks for any inputs

Will restoring plesk backup to a server with latest maridb version cause issues?
No, when the MariaDB server is newer than your old version. But in the /etc/my.cnf file you may need to set the bind-address to :: and restart MariaDB once for this change to take effect.

> Danami firewall / warden anti spam configuration issues may create some conflicts?

After upgrading from Ubuntu 18.04 to Ubuntu 22 you should use the following KB articles:

Juggernaut Firewall

Warden

Re-running the Warden installer /updater will detect the OS upgrade and apply any changes if they are needed.

Back