• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Retrieve mail account password

F

FERNANDO_AR07

Hi, I wanted to know how you can recover the password for a particular e-mail account, because I do not want to change it, I just need retrieve it, thanks.

Hi,

Below is the MySQL query to retrieve the mail account details from the psa database. Just put the domain you want between the quotes at the end. Let us know if the server is windows or linux if you need more help.

SELECT mail.id, mail.mail_name, domains.name, accounts.password, mail.postbox,
mail.mbox_quota, mail.redirect, mail.redir_addr, mail_group, mail.autoresponder
FROM mail, accounts, domains WHERE mail.account_id = accounts.id
AND mail.dom_id = domains.id AND domains.name = '';

Cheers,

Andrew

Hello, is Linux server, as do I run a command with the query mysql?, Bone query that you pass me, thanks

mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

and run the query in the last message.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hello, thank you very much, but now a query, where can I get more information from this organization as the database and all that because if there having to make other types of queries.

Bone to know where I can find the tables that exist, and other fields that have? Thanks

Hello again, thank you very much, I've been a super help, so we can help you say.

One more question, do not know where I can find information to control the issue of spam? and / or optimization of procedures server?, thank you.

Hi, I wanted to know how you can recover the password for a particular e-mail account, because I do not want to change it, I just need retrieve it, thanks.

This shows you a list of all mailnames and their passwords:

Code:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mail_auth_view

Hello, thank you very much, and how can I do to empty the post of a specific mail account? or see a mail account from a given server?

Because it often gets back mails on the server, but we want to delete these mails, as can be done?

Hello, thank you very much, and how can I do to empty the post of a specific mail account? or see a mail account from a given server?

Because it often gets back mails on the server, but we want to delete these mails, as can be done?

I'm not sure what you are asking exactly, but if you want to access any mailbox you can use webmail or a mail client on your own computer to access the mailbox using the credentials from mail_auth_view.

Not what I am trying to do is to empty the emial for a mail account, via commands, because many people left their emial copy on the server and it takes up space.

Can't you just remove the accounts then? Or are these accounts with redirects? In that case you probably want to disable the mailbox for those mailnames so email isn't stored locally.

Bone what I try to know is where you save the emails on the server, to avoid having to remove them from the webmail account

Email is stored in /var/qmail/mailnames/<domain>/<account>/. Mailfolders are hidden folders (so use ls -a to see them).

But I was wondering why you need to remove emails in the first place. If for instance it is because mails are redirected to another address and the mailbox keeps filling up, then you better disable the mailbox, so you only have the redirect and email for that address is not stored locally (so you also don't need to remove it).

This is happening because there by people who configured in outlook option of leaving a copy on the server. So then they formats your machine and shape of the new post and returned to download e-mails that left back, and many people do not like that.

Hi I have a mail account that you reach 500 emial of spam, the erase and re-create and continue to arrive, I look at the folder courses and there is nothing, it may be some history of the spamassassin to download?

Back