• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Reverse DNS/PTR Record

Krukij2

New Pleskian
Hello
I seem to be too stupid and hope you can help me:
I have a server with dedicated IP for multiple domains (external provider). My emails from a domain are partially rejected due to a missing PTR record.
Everything I try does not seem to help.
1. How can I test if the settings are correct / present?
2. How can I change the setting (maybe in Plesk)?
Thank you

Reverse DNS records are set by the provider that the IP's belong to. That would be your VPS/dedicated server/colocation provider.

There will either be a separate control panel for that or you'll need to contact their support.

I've got similar issues.

My current rDNS resolves to services.antnil.se but I've got multiple domains in my panel the sends email with other domains (still on the same IP).
For example; when I send mail from my domain caosk.com it lands in the junk-folder even though mail-tester gives me a score of 9.9/10 (Se here).
This seams to be due to my reverse DNS not matching my sending domain.

Shouldn't I add a PTR record in plesk for this? How would I go about doing that?

You cannot set a PTR in Plesk, and you do not need to either. Make sure that you select
Outgoing mail mode: Send from domain IP addresses
else anti-spam blacklists like Spamhaus will likely blacklist your ip.

really no over solution? cause use send from domain ip adresses with several several domains in fact with the same ip adress of the server is worst no?

Back