• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

RHEL 4 Plesk 7.5 to 8.0 Stuck at 7.5 after upgrade --Please help!

F

federal_reserve

Hello,

I had some free time to night to upgrade Plesk to 8 and was prepared to be around if it exploded, which it really didn't do.

I upgrade using the Updater in the admin panel and upgraded all packages for 7.5.

After that I then proceeded through the 8.0 upgrade and got stuck because I upgraded PHP to 5+. I downgraded to the PHP 4.4.2 and proceeded to upgrade and ran into a few missing packages which I had to manually install using up2date. Finnally I got through most of the packages with Base Packages left.

No matter how many times I ran the update on base packages for 8.0 it wouldn't recognize as being updaded.

Upon login it still says Plesk 7.5.

When I go into the updater Plesk 7.5 has a yellow exclaimation mark saying "updating or adding new components' and Plesk 8 has a red exlaimation mark saying "Upgrading to new control panel version"

Going into the Plesk 8 update all items are checked off and green.

If I go into Plesk 7.5.4 updater it says
base packages are needed to updated and along with Plesk API. I run these but they never complete.

Is 7.5.4 suppose to dissappear after the update?

What do I need to do to finish off this upgrade?

Is there a way to force the upgrade to start over again easily?

I can't believe such an upgrade would be released without proper testing. 6/10 people go down when upgrading or experience some bug of some form.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?

BTW: I have the Plesk 8 desktop now when I login.

I am appauled with the release of 8.0 not being tested prior to release.

It's kicked the living **** out or server.

Very unprofessional.

Back