• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[rkhunter] Warnings found for "MYDOMAIN"

Geir

Basic Pleskian
Hello all,
Tonight i get Warning email from email: [email protected]

Please inspect this machine, because it may be infected. Scan log:
[02:00:05] Running Rootkit Hunter version 1.3.4 on MYSERVER

Please see attachment file.

What can/schould i do?

Last edited:
Ok Thanks IgorG :)

Normally my support from Hoster take 8-12 times before they answer.
I will check it and thanks for info :)

Now support answer me and i run "yum update"

They write following to me:

The warning relates to a component of Apache which is outdated:-

Application 'httpd', version '2.2.15', is out of date, and possibly a security risk.
you should be able to update this along with any other security updates via the command console.

login as root and then issue the command
yum update
cleardot.gif

Hello Geir,
My understanding is that you don't have much knowledge or understanding of the SHELL or system administration ..

Running that command is a huge risk and could just easily break your Plesk server, Unless you know exactly what you are doing and are comfortable with SHELL to resolve any issues that might arise as a result.

Why not just as them / your hosters to run the updates for you?

Hello Geir,
My understanding is that you don't have much knowledge or understanding of the SHELL or system administration ..

Running that command is a huge risk and could just easily break your Plesk server, Unless you know exactly what you are doing and are comfortable with SHELL to resolve any issues that might arise as a result.

Why not just as them / your hosters to run the updates for you?

Hi abdi,
Yes that's correct, i dont have not much knowledge or understanding SHELL or systemadmin!

My Hoster: Server4you say to me:
We are not your admin and you need to fix your server self.
But i run this update without to do what i doing!

The best for my company will be an rent a person for longterm so can take care of my server.
I host my social network on this and also for 2 other client (friends) but this other client will i move to other hoster.
So i will only host my own domain on my server.

Back