• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

roll back

O

om4knowledge

Hello,

A client thought he was starting a new demo, but actually made changes to his existing site. :-(

Is there a way to roll back his site to 2 days ago without doing the same for others?
Thanks.

the only way I see is to restore the backup if you have one,in many cases restoring some files solve the problem.

Backing up from command line

Yes, you can backup individual sites in SB. Look at your administrator's guide and do a search for "Backing Up from Command Line".

It would be great if Roll Back could be added in future to Sitebuilder.

This is expecialy important as with a website developed off line the user can just reupload if something happens to their site, but with it all being online if something happens they have nothing to roll back to.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~netvantage/

My opinion is that lack of real backup utility is a big flaw in sitebuilder.

Yes we may do even scheduled backups via command line, but Graphical interface is the one we are paying for. If I like to do things using command line utilities I don’t use Site builder or Plesk.

I’ve purchased and installed Site Builder few months ago, but I´m still considering that it may not be worth of its cost ($$) because there is no backup, import or rollback for sites. (yes there is a simple command line utility, but I don’t consider it as a backup utility.)

If my customer uses lots of time building it’s site and posting text and pictures, it is not good service if I need to tell them that they need to build up their site from scratch if they make any errors editing their site. They will choose other CMS system and I loose a customer.

Hannu Virta
Webmaster

Our clients have taken to having to FTP in to make their own attempt at a backup. This wouldn't be easily restorable though. They would still have to rebuild it page by page.

Guys, thank you for the provided feedback. As I know developers work hard on improving backup/restore actions in Parallels Sitebuilder. I have also passed all information posted here as a feature request for roll back functionality.

Back