• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Rollback php 7 to previous version

Twincarb

New Pleskian
Hi,

Is there a way that I can rollback from php 7.0.6 to PHP 7.0.5 as there is an issue with using 7.0.6 with a Joomla forum component. The developers have confirmed it's been fixed in PHP 7.0.7 but that is only in RC at the moment.

My server is a centos 7 box.

Thanks in advance :D

Hi Twincarb,

to rollback to a previous Plesk - PHP - version, you might use "yum" ( with the string "history", you are able to list the previous operations ):

First, check the installed "plesk-php" packages :

rpm -qa | grep "plesk-php"

or/and

List the installed "plesk-php" packages :

yum list installed | grep -i plesk-php

Next, list the history for one or more specific package(s) ( here "plesk-php70" - packages) :

yum history plesk-php70

Next, wiith the list of the IDs, you have the possibility to view the operations :

yum history info X ( where X is the number of the desired history ID )

Next, you are able to "undo" a yum - operation with the command :

yum history undo X ( where X is the number of the desired history ID )

After the "undo" command, you may now list again the history for the desired package ( here "plesk-php70" ) and could check again the depending operations :

yum history plesk-php70
yum history info X ( where X is the number of the desired history ID )

Because you don't want to update/upgrade the package "plesk-php70" ( and it's depending packages ) automatically, you can now set this package to "hold" in your configuration file "/etc/yum.conf" :
Code:
exclude=plesk-php70*

Please remember this special, unique configuration, because it will prevent automatic yum-updates/upgrades, as well as patches/updates/upgrades for the Plesk autoinstaller, depending to your "hold" exceptions. Pls. keep an eye on

... so you may delete any possible, unique exceptions in case that you would like to update/upgrade the package again.

Thanks for the swift response :D

Will give it a dry run on a vps that is upto date, but not in use.

I tend to keep a close eye on the plesk change-log, as that way I know what's changing and have a good idea of where to look if things don't work as expected.

Back