• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Root for MySQL that works with Plesk

C

coglethorpe

I am renting a server that runs with Plesk and use Plesk to maintain the database. However, I'm having some permissions issues with using Java/JDBC with the user I set up via plesk. Is there a way to login as root to the MySQL database from the command line? I just wanted to verify the permissions...

Where does one find the root password for MySQL on a Plesk instalation? If I re-install MySQL, how do I tell Plesk what the new password is?

The root user is the admin user in Plesk and the password is the Plesk password.

Originally posted by hardweb
The root user is the admin user in Plesk and the password is the Plesk password.

May God bless you.

Yes but what is root password for other mysql that works on 3306? Or how can i set a password? I tried everything but can not connect.

i'm assuming you want to connect to mysql from a remote host over network...

if yes:

1) edit bind_addresses in /etc/mysql/my.cnf
to enable networking (standard is only localhost), then restart mysql server

2) you will not be able to connect with plesk admin and plesk pw over from a remote network, because plesk admin is only allowed from to connect from localhost. So you have to generate a mysql user that is allowed to have access over networking
simply do what is described under
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/adding-users.html

3) if you have done everything right you will be able to connect with your newly created mysql user from a remote host over network

greets

Back