1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Root for MySQL that works with Plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by coglethorpe, Aug 1, 2005.

1. coglethorpe

coglethorpe Guest

I am renting a server that runs with Plesk and use Plesk to maintain the database. However, I'm having some permissions issues with using Java/JDBC with the user I set up via plesk. Is there a way to login as root to the MySQL database from the command line? I just wanted to verify the permissions...

Where does one find the root password for MySQL on a Plesk instalation? If I re-install MySQL, how do I tell Plesk what the new password is?

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

The root user is the admin user in Plesk and the password is the Plesk password.

3. coglethorpe

coglethorpe Guest

May God bless you.

4. poke

poke Guest

5. Togy

Togy Guest

Yes but what is root password for other mysql that works on 3306? Or how can i set a password? I tried everything but can not connect.

6. roeschu

roeschu Guest

i'm assuming you want to connect to mysql from a remote host over network...

if yes:

1) edit bind_addresses in /etc/mysql/my.cnf
    to enable networking (standard is only localhost), then restart mysql server

2) you will not be able to connect with plesk admin and plesk pw over from a remote network, because plesk admin is only allowed from to connect from localhost. So you have to generate a mysql user that is allowed to have access over networking
    simply do what is described under
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/adding-users.html

3) if you have done everything right you will be able to connect with your newly created mysql user from a remote host over network

greets