• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Root password for qcow2 image?

martin.g

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,
I deployed Plesk by qcow2 Template: Installing Plesk Using QCOW2 Images
But of course I cannot login by browser as network information has previously to be set
And I cannot login by console as I cannot find root password or any other user credentials.
What do I miss?
Regards
Martin

I fixed it for me with resetting it in rescue mode, but I guess the password has to be written somewhere.

Hi,

The QCOW2-image does not contain any pre-defined password but the image contain "cloud-init" package. It means the environment you use should ask password or ssh-key and configure an access to a new VM via cloud-init during an image deploy.

We will add that information to the documentation page, thank you for the feedback!

Thank you for the report!
Right now we are investigating the issue. Will come back soon as receive an answer from the dev. team.

Added: it seems today I will not have any updates, the issue still is under investigating. Will come back tomorrow (27 Oct) with the news.

Last edited:
the iso images folder is also empty.
It is expected, they were removed at the start of the year because we do not rebuild images for the long time and it based on outdated OS versions. In fact, they do not contain Plesk inside; only a kick-start script which start Plesk installation from the Internet when OS installation is finished.

QCOW2 is a more useful replacement for the ISO images because the qcow2-images really contain up2date OS and Plesk packages, it could be used even without internet.

But if you still want to use ISO, you may prepare an ISO with a kickstart script which will start unattended Plesk installation:

QCOW2 images are available now: Index of /images

Yes. I importet in proxmox and then generate a cloud init drive, where you can set user and password and other settings
1. create VM
2. attach plesk disk image
3. generate cloud init image
Code:
# qm importdisk <vm-id> --format qcow2 plesk-ubuntu-22-latest.qcow2 local-zfs
# apt-get install cloud-init
# qm set <vm-id> --ide1 local-zfs:cloudinit
4. set in gui all parametes (or on command line)
5. boot image, wait all update are done, it take some time

login with user and password you set.
Code:
sudo su -
to get root access
you can reset webgui password with set
Code:
PSA_PASSWORD=new_password && plesk bin admin --set-admin-password -passwd "<your_new_password>"

Back