• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Roundcube 1.4.11 run on Obsidian 18.0.35 still defaults to PHP 7.3.* not PHP 7.4.* - Why?

learning_curve

Silver Pleskian
By default, when running Plesk-Roundcube 1.4.11 on Obsidian 18.0.35 it still defaults to PHP 7.3.27, yet, Plesk itself was upgraded from PHP 7.3.27 to PHP 7.4.16, as part of the upgrade from Obsidian 18.034 > Obsisidan 18.0.35... Officially, only Roundcube 1.5.* onwards will run on PHP 7.8.* so that's not an issue right now.

However, IF a removal of PHP 7.3.27 is attempted now (in our case, because we don't need that old & no longer actively supported PHP release, for anything else...) the Plesk default warnings about also 'removing Roundcube...' appear. This is regardless of the fact that the Official Roundcube 1.4.11 release itself, does fully support PHP 7.4.*

We currently use: Package: plesk-roundcube - Version: 1.4.11-v.ubuntu.20.04+p18.0.35.0+t210414.1515

Will that ^ Plesk package run on PHP 7.4.* - Yes or No?
If so, how is the PHP release change invoked? Although it's written for Plesk Onyx, the way THIS Plesk Article on doing exactly that, carries an opening info icon for Plesk Obsidian, it implies... it's PHP 7.3.* or bust - at present.
Or, is it about to appear as a mod in say, an Obsidian 18.0.35.* interim upgrade package instead?

I took advantage of this mentioned KB article and changed plesk-php73-fastcgi to plesk-php74-fastcgi there. Everything works perfectly for my Roundcube.
Why this was not done at PHP 7.4 I do not know. May will be be done in later updates.

EOL PHP 7.3 is expected this year, so we plan to switch webmails to a more recent version of the client's PHP.

Same problem here... Trying to remove 7.* PHP versions from the installation and get a warning that both Roundcube and Horde depend on these older versions.

Back