• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Roundcube 1.5

mike.ac

New Pleskian
Hello,

When will roundcube 1.5.2 be release as its considered pretty stable now.

• Dark mode for Elastic skin
  • Collected recipients and trusted senders
collected recipients is a long waited feature my clients want.

All the best !
Mike

Hello,

All the best !
Mike
From what I understand, the Plesk team is focusing on their own (paid) email features and services. With that in mind you are on your own. I wouldn't wait for them to update Roundcube but you can update it yourself. I did it several times and it is working just fine.

If you want to take that adventure I suggest you read the Roundcube changelog extensively before you update. As of this moment Roundcube is at version 1.5.2 however there were significant changes noted for the version 1.5.1

Good luck with it.

From what I understand, the Plesk team is focusing on their own (paid) email features and services. With that in mind you are on your own. I wouldn't wait for them to update Roundcube but you can update it yourself. I did it several times and it is working just fine.

If you want to take that adventure I suggest you read the Roundcube changelog extensively before you update. As of this moment Roundcube is at version 1.5.2 however there were significant changes noted for the version 1.5.1

Good luck with it.
Thanks for noting about the database update, however we are running mariadb 10.5.11 which “should be fine”. I will need to double check the existing roundcube db for that. Some questions come up in mind:

1. Are you upgrading from the script or doing it manually?
2. What about the address books ?
3. Future plesk updates for roundcube?

Thanks , mike

Thanks for noting about the database update, however we are running mariadb 10.5.11 which “should be fine”. I will need to double check the existing roundcube db for that. Some questions come up in mind:

1. Are you upgrading from the script or doing it manually?
2. What about the address books ?
3. Future plesk updates for roundcube?

Thanks , mike
Hi mike.

1. I updated via script.
2. no issues whatsoever (there's indexing script for that)
3. Like I said I wouldn't count on it. It may happen at some point that they release an update, but what do I know, I don't work for Plesk. I wouldn't rely or wait for them on Roundcube update.

Hi. a question.
I installed Roundcube Mail via Plesk. How can I update it to the latest version?
There is no RCM or webmail directory under www.

I use 1.4.12

Well look at the threads above. I have successfully updated roundcube today. Just make sure the config has the same values for smtp and imap. Make a backup of the db and files in case. Also make sure your db is aligned for 1.5.1. If you are not comfortable with the terminal and sys administration, i prefer you wait for plesk which likey is the case:)

On my old server which I had installed Froxlor, I was able to create a Webmail folder in / var / www and install and update it there. However, the folder does not exist under Plesk.

Maybe it's because it was installed directly from Plesk Admin?

I don't know where is the path to the installation to change the files.

I think the update from plesk admin is no planned.

After updating to Plesk version 18.0.40 Update #2. Roundcube was downgraded automatically to 1.4.12. is this normal ? is there a way to prevent it from happening ?

Hello,

All the best !
Mike
If you want to take that adventure I suggest you read the Roundcube changelog extensively before you update.

I hope it will be soon. Developers are working on supporting RoundCube 1.5, but there are some technical obstacles.
That's good to hear!
Hope it will arrive soon. It's annoying to manually update roundcube every plesk update

Back